Kimble Companies is looking for a Title Landman for the purpose of researching title to determine surface and mineral ownership related to the development of oil and natural gas. Candidates must possess 3-5 years of prior oil and gas experience in Ohio and can demonstrate the ability to work independently and generate reliable results.
We are looking for an individual who can perform the following essential functions:
- Analyze and interpret complex leases, contracts and/or instruments to determine mineral ownership, rights, obligations, responsibilities, and costs of interest.
- Responsible for the set up and maintenance of leases, minerals, contracts, and surface records in company land data base.
- Determine working interests and burdens associated with interests based on title analysis of deeds, title opinions, assignments, purchase & sale agreements, estate and probate documents, leases and royalty agreements and pooling declarations, etc.
- Identify curative needs and create necessary documents to perfect title.
- Evaluate and determine status of leases affected by producing, shut-in, temporarily abandoned, or plugged wells, etc.
Education, Relevant Experience, Knowledge, and Technical Skills:
- 3-5 years of oil and gas industry experience. Significant background in title, lease and contract analysis.
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite—especially Word, Excel, and Access
- Familiarity with deed plotting and utilizing GIS programs and other oil and gas related databases
Other Skills, Abilities, or Preferred Qualifications:
- Excellent time management, organizational and communications skills. Detail oriented and ability to perform duties with a high level of accuracy.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independent of direct supervision.
- Strong verbal and written language skills for the clear communication of information and ideas.
- Team player with the proven ability to interact well with people. Ability to function successfully in a team environment working with other Land Department and accounting personnel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive business matters.
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record (must be insurable under our insurance company)
Kimble Company offers a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Short Term Disability. We offer a 401k plan with company match, 10 days’ paid Vacation and Holidays after 90 days.
Kimble Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, age, military status or genetic information