Title: Truck Driver/Mechanic
Location: Massillon, OH
Efficient transport of a wide range of items to or from customers in a manner that meets customer requirements. Be responsible for reporting any damages.
- Transport and deliver goods in accordance with a schedule, including emergency, rush deliveries or pickups that require overtime. Minimum Class B CDL preferred.
- Verify count and condition of transported items, reporting any damage as applicable.
- Assist in loading and unloading freight as required.
- Assist in other departments within the organization when not driving.
- Must be able to go into and out of truck cabs, lift up to 50 pounds, load and unload items up to 50 pounds.
Performs other duties as assigned by authorized personnel or as may be required to meet emergency situations.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Maintain a good driving record.
- Operate truck in a safe manner.
- Comply with all Department of Transportation (DOT) standards and regulations. Class B CDL preferred.
- Report any vehicle problems or defects to supervisor immediately.
- Maintain vehicles in a manner that projects positive company image to customers and the general public.
- Computer skills including the ability to utilize Microsoft Office applications.
- High school diploma.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Prior experience in shipping and receiving.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Must work well in a team environment and be able to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to deal with customers effectively and promote strong company image.
- Ensure good customer relations by consistently delivering orders on time and by acting in a courteous and professional manner.