Category Manager Raw Materials
Shearer’s Snacks is seeking an experienced Category Manager of raw materials. The ideal candidate is responsible for managing the category performance of Flavors, Seasonings, Cocoa and Miscellaneous Ingredients. This includes category strategy development and execution, PPV performance, supplier development and performance against KPIs.
Essential Job Duties
- Manage and report purchasing metrics: PPV, supplier report cards, market trends and analysis.
- Initiate and evaluate supplier bids and contracts, manages the qualification of new suppliers and negotiates supplier agreements and install contracts as needed.
- Partners with vendors to ensure; quality, technical support, process control, service and lowest costs are achieved. Manage vendor continuous improvement initiatives.
- Drives value through cross functional cooperation with operations, quality assurance, product development and finance to improve the cost, quality and service of all areas of spend.
- Procurement of materials required for ongoing production requirements and to meet sales and operations plans.
- Manage commercial relationships with vendors.
- Facilitate cost and inventory reductions to meet P/L and Cash targets.
- Risk assessment of materials supply and risk mitigation.
- Manage QBR’s with strategic suppliers.
- Establish and manage supplier performance against KPI’s.
- Responsible for the non-conforming materials, rejects and the returns process and implementation of corrective actions with suppliers.
- Ensure adherence to material specifications/requirements.
- Coordinate supplier involvement in product or business development efforts.
- Source and provide best in class, cost effective alternatives on category components to plants
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical skills – Microsoft Office Suites
- Skilled running RFP/RFQ Supplier selection and negotiation.
- Ability to identify process improvements opportunities and manage their execution.
- Ability to effectively resolve time critical and complex material and service issues.
- Procurement experience with working commodity market knowledge.
- Experience consolidating suppliers and centralizing procurement processes.
- Ability to draft and formalize contracts and service agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years’ experience in Purchasing & Sourcing
- Working knowledge of RFP-RFQ, ERP-MRP, VMI, JIT
- Lean and supplier relationship management
- Food, Consumer Products, Packaging or Manufacturing experience a plus
Shearer’s Snacks is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation