CDL Class B Truck Driver - Delivery
Growing machine shop with customers in the Aerospace and Steel Mold industry, located in the Akron/Canton area, has immediate opening for a CDL Class B Truck Driver for local and day trip deliveries. Normal areas of coverage include all of Ohio, western PA, eastern Indiana, Southern Michigan, eastern Kentucky, western West Virginia.
Major areas of responsibility include:
• Maintain ODOT compliance travel logs.
• Maintain truck daily inspection logs and service records.
• Maintain and comply with limitations of personal and truck licenses/permits.
• Schedule / perform service and maintenance on all company trucks.
• Maintain delivery and pickup schedule to meet On Time Delivery requirements and in support of customer needs. Communicate schedule with co-workers.
• Manage required paperwork each day in timely manner.
• Ability to map routes in most time efficient manner.
• Use mapping technologies to locate service addresses, verifies destinations, dock locations, dock hours, and facility capabilities for safe loading/unloading.
• Identifies potential delivery issues and presents options to resolve.
• Ensure loads are safely secured & protected at all times. Daily use of overhead cranes, forklifts, and winches utilizing proper methods to secure loads.
• Ensure safe & proper operation of the truck at all times.
Qualifications necessary are:
• Represent the company at all times in an exceptional manner by always displaying a professional demeanor and neat appearance. Report issues to management needing further attention.
• Able to utilize interpersonal skills to provide good customer service.
• Able to read, write, and comprehend reports well enough to accurately complete daily assignments.
• Dependable, reliable, and maintain good attendance.
• Be available to stay overnight at destination when needed.
• Participates in plant operations as needed when not driving.
• Meets time and quality standards.
• Seeks out additional duties when it is needed.
• Brings up potential problems with suggested solutions.
• Promotes a positive environment through what is said and by setting an example.
• Valid CDL Class B Driver's License with a clean MVR and DOT record
• Must be 21 years old or older
• Must have minimum 3-years CDL driving experience
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment Drug Test and DOT Physical Exam
• Must be a U.S. citizen
• High School Education/GED
Compensation: Competitive based on knowledge and experience.
Benefit package, offering health insurance and a Section 125 plan, and 401k Plan offered after successful completion of 60 day probationary period. EOE