|Date Posted||November 22, 2019|
Appointing Authority: Summit County Children Services
Bargaining Unit: CWA, Local #4546, AFL-CIO
Department/Division: Children Services
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:30a-3:30p
Perform assigned accounting functions primarily related to issuing placement payments and requesting Title IV-E reimbursement from the State for those placements and other Child Specific eligible expenses. Link placement services authorizations in SACWIS as necessary. Create Manual payments in SACWIS as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum education required: High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Minimum years of experience:
Minimum of four (4) years of office experience (accounting experience preferred).
Additional education/experience preferred:
Experience with child welfare Title IV-E and Medicaid rules, regulations and terminology preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have demonstrated knowledge in all Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, as well as Publisher; demonstrated knowledge of audiovisual equipment as it pertains to the training environment. Experience utilizing spreadsheet software packages, word processing,
Pre-Employment Testing Requirements
Criminal Background Check, Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is of low intensity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to: sit; use hands to manipulate objects; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to fourty (40) pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Incumbent must possess a valid State of Ohio drivers’ license with no more than eight (8) points on his/her driving record at any time; and possess auto insurance as defined by Ohio Administrative Code (OAC) at all times.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Incumbent is required to travel to/from Agency meetings within the County and State as directed by his/her chain of command, and as required for job duties. Travel requires the use of a vehicle insured in the incumbent’s name, unless a County-owned vehicle is secured pursuant to contract language and/or Agency policy/procedure. Personal vehicles must be in good working order and appropriately accommodate passengers as needed.
Regular attendance is required. Incumbent must adhere to Agency policies regarding use of time off at all times.
Incumbent is required to adhere to Agency rules & regulations and support the mission, vision & guiding principles at all times.
Job Duty Name
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Description of Job Duty
Other related duties may be assigned.
Review, revise and process Agency POSP payments through the SACWIS system for reimbursement after reviewing and processing provider invoices for approval and reviewing the respite log and other documentation available. Approve Service authorizations.
Process Agency Foster Parent Payroll through SACWIS system utilizing system generated reports and email notifications, research and resolve issues, correct errors when possible after consulting Social Services Staff and alter child add-on rates based on paperwork received from Social Services. Approve Service Authorizations.
Prepare monthly placement report for Social Services and Fiscal distribution.
Perform other duties as assigned, including but not limited to providing backup support to other Account Specialist II and III positions.
Prepare monthly disbursement journal from SACWIS for deposit breakout and for Title IV-E reference.
Reconcile monthly POSP Banner to SACWIS.
Process PASSS expenditures and payments through SACWIS for reimbursement. Reconcile reimbursement to expenditure.
Process foster parent training payments and reconcile reimbursement.
Job Duty Name
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Description of Job Duty
To perform this job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; Reacts well under pressure.
- Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Customer Service – Manages challenging or emotional client and employee situations; Responds promptly to client’s/employee needs; Solicits client feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Dependability – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time. Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to complete goals and finalize work duties; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan; Follows through on commitments; Follows policies and procedures.
- Cultural Competency – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment;.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Maintains confidentiality.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming;; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things; Approaches others in a tactful manner; Demonstrates insight and empathy.
- Planning/Productivity – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans; Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Safety and Security – Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote excellence; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Requisition Number: B-111201-R
Working Title: Acct Spec II
Posting Type: External/Public Posting
Number of Vacancies: 1
Advertising Salary: $16.10 per hour
Open Date: 11/15/19
Close Date: 11/27/19