|Date Posted||February 6, 2020|
You already us
Shearers is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearers brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Accounts Receivable Analyst
Located at our Corporate Headquarters in Downtown Massillon, OH
Shearers Foods is currently seeking an energetic, articulate, self-motivated, individual with a can do attitude to join a fast paced Corporate & Accounting Treasury team as an Accounts Receivable Analyst.
Your seat at the table
- Review/analyze assigned deductions in the deduction management tool in a timely manner including clearing batches in ERP upon proper approval.
- Collaborate with deduction team on product shortages/damages, pricing discrepancies or other deductions taken by customers to properly create AR adjustment invoices into the ERP.
- Review/analyze and dispute trends for early payment discounts and/or deductions that are taken outside of normal business terms with applicable customers.
- Reconcile assigned cash receipts daily against banking with customer invoice details and input cash receipt batches into the ERP timely with 100% accuracy.
- Contact customers and access customer portals for remittance detail and deduction/claims support as necessary to accurately apply customer payments / deductions.
- Assist with collection efforts for customer updates/inquiries as necessary.
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection and deduction processes.
- Generate copies of statements, invoices, miscellaneous invoices, and credits to customers for all Shearers locations as requested.
- Promptly respond to customer correspondence and requests in a professional manner.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the accounts receivable department.
- Reports to Accounts Receivable Supervisor
What you bring to the table
- Associates degree preferred.
- Two to four years accounts receivable experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel required.
- Must have strong attention to detail with high accuracy and a solid understanding of accounts receivable procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Strong communication, problem solving analytical, and customer service skills required.
- Ability to work independently as well as to collaborate in a team environment.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearers, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!