|Date Posted||September 8, 2021|
ADMIN ASST (DINING)-PART TIME, 24 HRS. PER WEEK (9:00AM-2:00PM M-TH; 9:00AM-1:00PM FRI)
SUMMARY OF PRINCIPAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Secretarial services to the Dining Service Department, following prescribed routines
- Answer and direct incoming telephone calls to department personnel and take telephone messages
- Tracking and organizing of all booked functions
- Assist in the coordination, inventory, and call in all approved food, beverage, and equipment orders to the vendors daily.
- Condense and sort daily all orders called in, and distribute to the Dining Room/Production Manager, a list of all items being delivered from all vendors, the next day to help insure accuracy.
- Prepare and maintain records, reports and paperwork regarding operations and service.
- Process special food requests for residents and service menus
- Type and/or compose a variety of correspondence such as letters, memorandum, reports etc.
- Creating any new forms necessary for the department
- Logging all daily meal count records for Independent Living, Assisted Living and HCC and preparing a monthly report
- Costing and extension of all food requisitions for special events or HCC activities, departmentalize by GL# and prepare monthly report for Finance Dept.
- Verifying invoices, categorize by GL#, and prepare for payment by Finance Dept.
- Picking-up and distributing department mail
- Purchase and maintenance of all department office supplies and forms.
- Assist in the creation and development of format for and maintenance of cycle menus for Independent Living, Assisted Living and HCC.
- Assist in the creation and development of format for and maintenance of menus for special affairs; art work, menu set-up, etc. Also, any necessary related forms such as tickets, etc.
- Attending required committee meetings to take minutes. Type and distribute minutes.
- Staying current in professional field of expertise
- Adherence to all safety policies & procedures and regulatory authorities.
- Generates copies of the Special Function Sheets, emails and distributes to all parties
- Book the rooms for all department meetings throughout the community that requires food set ups
- Type the daily menu for the Main Dining Room and delivers to the receptionist to post on the VCTV television station
- Generates the end of the month print out report for Director
- Tabulates the billing for residents at the end of the month on the AOD program
- Assist only as a back up for early morning catering events
- Maintenance of confidentiality of all pertinent resident information to assure residents’ rights and employee confidentiality are protected
- Proper personal appearance and hygiene according to established procedures
- Attendance and participation in in-service training (IST) programs
- Reporting of all hazardous conditions or equipment
- Reporting of all accidents / incidents
- Performance of other duties as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Must have High School Diploma
- Certified computer course work, or degree in office systems and/or business operations
Minimum 2 years Secretarial experience required working with all types of computerized office systems and software, preferably in an institutional food service situation, some experience in purchasing and inventory control preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent computer / word processing, desktop publishing, bookkeeping skills
- Good communication skills; must be able to demonstrate effective reading, writing, speaking and analytical skills.
- Must be able to follow written instructions.
- Must be able to work overtime, holidays, weekends as assigned.
- Must be able to interface with people at all levels and with residents in a positive and professional manner
- Must be a detail oriented person and be able to perform duties with great accuracy each day
- Performs other related duties as needed.