|Date Posted||October 10, 2021|
ADMIN ASST (MAINTENANCE) / FULL TIME, 40 HRS. PER WEEK 7:00AM-3:30PM (MONDAY-FRIDAY)
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide clerical and office support to the Director of Environmental Services and Maintenance Coordinator. Schedule or assist in arranging work orders for Maintenance staff. Areas of support include assistance to Maintenance, Grounds, Security, Housekeeping, Transportation, Environmental Services and Front Desk Departments. Act as receiving clerk for non-food related dock receivables for both Independent Living areas and Skilled nursing areas.
Good hands on people skills.
Good communication skills.
Good computer skills.
High School or equivalent.
Experience in maintenance and mechanic parts a plus.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Answer and place phone calls to residents, staff and vendors. Manage daily work order assignments and dispatch and/or page services for staff.
- Code and process department invoices for posting and payment.
- Issue and reconcile work orders and keep CMMS database up to date. Update assets and current residents.
- Receive dock deliveries and notify or deliver to appropriate personnel.
- Assist staff as needed in areas requiring extra help.
- Update IL Alarm system resident directory, phone directories and distribution.
- Take care of pull cord related issues, coordinate activities such as social accountability and departmental events, run errands and handle various office-related duties.
- Process staff timecards and assists in labor overtime budgeting.
- Orders supplies from vendors for resident or mechanics as needed.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES – Other:
- Performs other related duties as needed.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Clerical/Secretary – Physical Demands
Occasional – 1 to 33% of workday
Frequent – 34 – 66% of workday
Constant – 67 – 100% of workday
Not at all – 0% of workday
Walking: 2.3 mph, 0 incline; unilateral vertical reach 36-72”; bilateral carry 30’, 25#; push/pull 100’, 19ft.lbs.; lift 0-25# 6-36” from floor; lift 0-25# 36-48” from floor; lift 0-25# 6-72” from floor, climbing stairs; operating machines: (2 foot/feet).
Sitting, unilateral horizontal reach 0-18”, bilateral fine motor manipulation functional near, far, color vision aided or unaided; functional hearing aid or unaided; functional verbal communication skills; operating machines: (2 hand(s)).
Not at All
Hold 200# patient sidelying while doing procedure x 2 min; roll 200# patient away/toward self; transfer 105# person chair-chair 5x/hr. with gait belt; bed-cart transfer with 200# person and assist of one with sheet; more 200# person up in bed with assist of one and sheet; climbing ladders, working from heights, crawling, kneeling, running, operating machines; keyboarding & CRT usage.
Category III Job Classification – Laurel Lake employee jobs that include all other employees not covered under Category I & II jobs whose tasks do not involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues or used sharps.
Job Hazard Risks:
Infectious Disease Exposure
Hazard Materials Exposure (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical)
Workplace Violence Potential
This job description identifies the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not to be considered an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties or skills required of an incumbent.