Boiler Service Technician (Entry Level and Experienced)
|Date Posted||May 21, 2023|
Boiler Service Technician to work for a well established, highly successful, manufacturer’s rep firm specializing in the sale, repair, and service of steam and hot water boilers and boiler room equipment.
Service technician to make service calls to commercial, industrial, and institutional clients located in Northern Ohio and willing to start-up, set combustion, repair, and trouble shoot various manufacturers of steam and hot water boilers and boiler systems.
We are seeking professional, career oriented entry level and experienced (5 – 7 years) applicants knowledgeable in the area of boilers and field service repair, that are honest, reliable, motivated, and willing to work weekends and some holidays.
Ideal candidates shall possess a basic understanding or a good working knowledge of some or all of the following:
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Willingness to learn, lead and work in a small team environment.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to use small hand tools safely and effectively.
- Cutting and threading pipe.
- Physical properties of steam.
- Steam and hot water boilers and associated controls.
- Steam and hot water piping systems and associated equipment.
- Basic physics of combustion. Understanding the relationship of excess air, O2, CO, CO2, etc. as it relates to combustion of natural gas, propane gas and fuel oil.
- Burner set up and combustion tuning by use of a combustion analyzer.
- Blueprint reading.
- Electricity and the trouble shooting of electrical circuits.
- PLC’s, digital controls, instrumentation, and computers.
This is a permanent, full time position offering excellent compensation and benefits including factory training, 401K with company match, paid vacation, paid holidays, overtime, paid health insurance, bonuses, and company vehicle.
Pay: $ 15.00 - $ 30.00 per hour.
Pre-hire requirements included a drug screen, motor vehicle records check (for insurance purposes) and a background check.
The company is willing to train and certify.
All inquires are confidential.