|Date Posted||May 9, 2019|
You already us
Shearers is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearers brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Category Manager Raw Materials - Massillon, OH
Your seat at the table
Shearers Snacks is seeking an experienced Category Manager of raw materials. The ideal candidate is responsible for managing the category performance of Flavors, Seasonings, Cocoa and Miscellaneous Ingredients. This includes category strategy development and execution, PPV performance, supplier development and performance against KPIs.
- Manage and report purchasing metrics: PPV, supplier report cards, market trends and analysis.
- Initiate and evaluate supplier bids and contracts, manages the qualification of new suppliers and negotiates supplier agreements and install contracts as needed.
- Partners with vendors to ensure; quality, technical support, process control, service and lowest costs are achieved. Manage vendor continuous improvement initiatives.
- Drives value through cross functional cooperation with operations, quality assurance, product development and finance to improve the cost, quality and service of all areas of spend.
- Procurement of materials required for ongoing production requirements and to meet sales and operations plans.
- Manage commercial relationships with vendors.
- Facilitate cost and inventory reductions to meet P/L and Cash targets.
- Risk assessment of materials supply and risk mitigation.
- Manage QBRs with strategic suppliers.
- Establish and manage supplier performance against KPIs.
- Responsible for the non-conforming materials, rejects and the returns process and implementation of corrective actions with suppliers.
- Ensure adherence to material specifications/requirements.
- Coordinate supplier involvement in product or business development efforts.
- Source and provide best in class, cost effective alternatives on category components to plants
What you bring to the table
- Bachelors degree
- 2-5 years experience in Purchasing & Sourcing
- Working knowledge of RFP-RFQ, ERP-MRP, VMI, JIT
- Lean and supplier relationship management
- Food, Consumer Products, Packaging or Manufacturing experience a plus
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearers, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!