|Date Posted||May 17, 2021|
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Science or related field required. Working knowledge of Cognitive Theory and Social Learning Theory preferred. Prior experience in corrections or related field preferred. Must possess a valid Ohio driver's license and a driving record that does not preclude the employee from being covered by Agency liability insurance. Must have the ability to effectively work with Agency employees, outside contacts, and a diverse client population.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for the direct implementation of cognitive behavioral programming for clients.
Essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts cognitive skills programming as scheduled.
- Reviews all available information about clients and their program requirements.
- Evaluates clients' overall progress and goal achievement and communicates the status to clients on a regular basis as required by the program.
- Prepares and maintains accurate, organized, and updated individual files and records individual progress notes and outside correspondence according to Agency specifications.
- Provides clients with education about the cognitive errors that support a criminal lifestyle.
- Educates and assists clients in utilizing cognitive behavioral techniques to counter act the use of destructive thinking patterns in accordance with cognitive behavioral strategies.
- Educates/trains current employees (formal and documented training) within the Agency about pertinent cognitive skills information, etc.
Full Time Benefits Package includes:
Medical Insurance and Prescription Card
Paid Hospital Days
Eight Paid Holidays
10 Vacation Days per year
10 Personal-Sick Days per year
Long-term Disability Insurance
403(b) Retirement Plan
Wellness Program and Incentives, including FitThumb Wellness App.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Oriana House Recruiters may reach out to applicants via text messaging.
Oriana House, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.50 per hour