|Date Posted||October 8, 2020|
♥ You already love us ♥
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Customer Quality Analyst
The Customer Quality Analyst serves as a liaison and technical quality resource to several integral customers, as well as work with the Shearer’s plants on addressing customer complaints, quality improvement projects, and developing and maintaining quality and food safety programs.
You will work closely with top retail grocery and food service customers, suppliers, corporate personnel, and manufacturing staff. Responsibility includes supporting customer quality requirements through reporting and trending customer quality data. Maintaining part specifications for specific customers and updating external customer portals.
This position reports directly to the Quality Systems Manager. If you are looking for your next career opportunity where you will have the autonomy to really make a difference and impact an organization, we want to speak with you!
Your seat at the table
- Analyze data and variances to identify trends that present opportunities or exposures for the Company and make recommendations on appropriate actions.
- Develop timelines, coordinate special projects, anticipate issues, take initiative and hold individuals accountable.
- Partner with cross-functional teams across the company to standardize processes across the network.
- Supports the alignment and harmonization of multiple plants across the US and Canada that produce product for retailers.
- Support product life cycle process through finished good part creation and specification maintenance.
- Maintain manufacturing site and part information in customer portals.
- Serves as a liaison and technical quality resource for customer/retailers.
- Support Plants on addressing customer complaints, quality improvement projects and developing and maintaining quality and food safety program.
- Supports Operations on the development and implementation of new quality policies and procedures.
- Support on site plant QA mangers in performing root cause analysis as well as new strategies to help resolved quality related complaints.
- Responsible to communicate on a frequent basis to customer of any trends associated with quality complaint as well as monthly report out to customer’s quality team.
- Identify and evaluate risks and opportunities for the business.
- Develops and analyzes statistical quality data. Utilizes these data for troubleshooting or continuous quality improvement where appropriate.
- Responds to customer requests and queries.
- Provides technical support to operations.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or other related degree.
- Direct experience with AIB, SQF or similar food industry production audits.
- Prefer SQF Practitioner Certification.
- Knowledge of Food Safety (HACCP principals, cGMPs, SOPs and SSOPs, Pest Control, Allergen Control & Recall programs).
- Solid knowledge of Laboratory Procedures.
- Highly effective communicator able to drive results, measure and assess performance, and support remote-based team members
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both orally and written.
- Knowledge of FDA standards and FSMA Regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of statistical process control, quality assurance techniques and tools and quality management principles in a food manufacturing environment.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Experience working directly with customers and supplier.
- Hands-on approach to improve processes while working with others
- Strong PC proficiency to include Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Working knowledge of statistical software programs.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and understand mathematical equations, especially basic statistical analysis.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.