|Date Posted||February 6, 2020|
Part-time, 20 hrs. per week, non-exempt (hourly)
Flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May perform one or more of the following duties on any given shift as assigned:
- As scheduled pour/ serve alcoholic beverages based on service needs for residents in the dining rooms. Stock and secure alcoholic beverages after each shift. Track and log alcohol sales into the P.O.S. at the end of the shift.
- As scheduled set up salad pantry area and prepare/assemble appetizers and specialty salads based on service needs. Restock and clean pantry areas at end of shift.
- As scheduled expedite cooked dinners from hot window to dining residents ensuring orders are filled properly by cooks, plate presentations are appropriate and properly garnished.
- Check out all side work duties with servers at shifts end and signing off on their completion.
- Ensure proper storage, labeling and dating is practiced with all items.
- Communicate with management the need for food items/equipment necessary for preparation and service.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area by cleaning and sanitizing work area surfaces and sweeping floors.
- Adherence to all safety policies & procedures of the Facility and regulatory authorities.
- Attend and participate in all departmental and mandatory meetings.
- Attendance and participation in any in-service training (IST) programs.
- Reporting of any hazardous conditions or equipment observed to management
- Reporting of all accidents/incidents.
- Performance of other duties as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed by dining management staff.
- Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages in the state of Ohio
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language
- Must be reliable
- Previous restaurant kitchen and or serving experience preferred.
- Knowledge of HACCP and OSHA protocols preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Good communication skills; must be able to demonstrate effective reading, writing, speaking and analytical skills.
- Must be a detail oriented person and be able to perform duties with great accuracy every day.
- Must be able to work overtime, holidays, weekends as scheduled.
- Must be able to interface with people at all levels and with residents in a positive and professional manner.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: N/A
PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Full understanding and effective application of:
- Sanitation, foodborne illness, and cross-contamination policies and procedures
- Dining room and kitchen operational needs and procedures.
- Proper small wares and equipment use and handling
- Resident’s rights
- Departmental policies & procedures
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES – Other:
- Performs other related duties as needed.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Interested? Apply Today