|Date Posted||February 6, 2020|
Dining Team Leader - Semi Full-Time / 32 hrs. per week / Exempt
** This position will also require weekends & holidays.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ensures an exceptional dining experience for Laurel Lake residents, their families, and guests by providing clean, well-maintained dining facilities adequately staffed with well-trained courteous service staff.
Must have a High School Diploma or the equivalent
Must possess at least one (1) year experience supervising and training service staff members
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must be able to demonstrate effective reading, writing, speaking, and analytical skills.
- Must be a detail-oriented person and be able to perform duties with great accuracy each day.
- Must be able to work overtime, holidays, weekends as assigned.
- Must be able to interface with people at all levels and with residents in a positive and professional manner.
- Must be receptive and adaptive to change.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS SPECIFIC TO DINING AREAS:
Must possess the ability to supervise and work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with residents, family members, visitors, and the general public.
- Must maintain the care of equipment, appearance of the dining areas, and minimize the waste of supplies.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
- Must be knowledgeable of federal, state, and local policies, procedures, and guidelines regarding food services practices in healthcare institutions.
- Strive to exceed resident expectations and deliver through quality, hands-on team service
- Manage, direct and participate with an assigned team of servers during meal period
- Pace the team to high levels of performance by understanding and executing the steps of service
- Assist with training and coaching team members
- Assures that the dining rooms are properly set before and after service and kitchen service areas are clean and organized
- Mediate between service staff and kitchen staff to maintain good relations thus ensure the resident’s complaints are dealt with in a reasonable and timely fashion.
- Foster a cooperative, harmonious working relationship between team members
- Takes the lead in performing the service staff lineup meetings
- Management of all appropriate documentation for customer account tracking
- Documentation of all mealtime transactions with residents and guests, according to established policies and procedures
- Properly greet and assist the hostess/host seat all residents and guests
- Be a presence in the Dining Rooms during ALL meal periods soliciting feedback and conversation from residents and assisting the service staff when necessary
- Understanding - before each meal period - every menu item and special, well enough to answer diners’ questions
- Maintenance of confidentiality of all pertinent resident information to assure residents’ rights and employee confidentiality are protected
- Adherence to all safety policies & procedures of the Facility and regulatory authorities.
- Proper personal appearance and hygiene according to established procedures
- Attendance and participation in in-service training (IST) programs
- Reporting of all hazardous conditions, equipment, accidents or incidents
- Preparation and set-up of dining room for special events/holidays
- Model Laurel Lake’s Standards of Performance
- Holiday and weekend availability
- Performance of other duties as deemed necessary
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT:
- Walks, stands, bends, stoops, reaches and lifts most of the day.
- Must be able to tolerate a noisy, hot, humid environment; as well as cold temperatures from refrigerators and freezers.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and push food carts weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Exposure to detergents & chemicals used in cleaning.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work with residents, personnel, support agencies, and outside agencies.
- Works beyond duty hours, on weekends, holidays, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Non-Patient Care Staff (51-75 LBS.) - Physical Demands
Occasional – 1 to 33% of workday
Frequent – 34 – 66% of workday
Constant – 67 – 100% of workday
Not at all – 0% of workday
Sitting; bilateral carry 3’, 75#; push/pull 100’, 20ft.lbs; lift 0-75# 6-36” from floor; lift 0-75# 36-48” from floor; lift 0-50# 6-72” from floor; climbing stairs, climbing ladders, working from heights, crawling, kneeling, running, operating machines: (2 hand(s)); operating machines: (2 foot/feet); other: bilateral carry: 50’, 50#; other: bilateral carry: 100’, 25#.
Unilateral horizontal reach 0-18”; unilateral vertical reach 36—72”; lift 0-40#, 6-36” from floor.
Standing, walking: 2.3 mph, 0 incline; bilateral fine motor manipulation; functional near, far, color vision aided or unaided, functional hearing aid or unaided, functional verbal communication skills; working overtime as assigned to meet operational/patient care demands.
NOT AT ALL
Hold 200# patient sidelying while doing procedure x 2 min; roll 200# patient away/toward self; transfer 105# person chair-chair 5x/hr. with gait belt; bed-cart transfer with 200# person and assist of one with sheet; more 200# person up in bed with assist of one and sheet.
Category II Job Classification – Laurel Lake employees who have jobs with tasks that rarely involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues and have no contact with used sharps.
Job Hazard Risks:
Infectious Disease Exposure
Hazard Materials Exposure (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical)
Workplace Violence Potential
This job description identifies the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not to be considered an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties or skills required of an incumbent.