|Date Posted||October 8, 2020|
DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL SERVICES (DON) / EXEMPT / 40 HRS. PER WEEK
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of Clinical Services ensures that the philosophy of Laurel Lake Retirement Community is met in all aspects. The Director of Clinical Services directs the overall operations and activities, both internal and external and collaborates with the Service Team to provide excellent services, assuring safety and security to all residents and staff. The Director of Clinical Services supervises all clinical services staff and ensures the continuity of resident care on an ongoing basis.
- Five years of experience in a long term care setting.
- Three years of management experience.
Licensure, Certification and Registration:
Current State of Ohio RN license required.
PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assures compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Monitors policies pertaining to staffing, resident services, financial operations, and clinical performance improvement activities. Includes preparing/revising position description, policies and manuals.
- Conducts Performance Improvement meetings to review resident profiles and their equality indicators with designated team members to ensure appropriate level of service.
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Health Services and other staff as appropriate to assure high wuality of services and maintain occupancy for skilled nursing and assisted living.
- Coordinates all aspects of staff scheduling including interviewing, selecting, orienting and evaluating.
- Models Laurel Lake’s Mission and Values.
- Coordinates the overall care of the residents served in each area supervised including the Clinic, Caring Hands, Greenwood and Crown Center.
- Member of the Senior Management Team, Resident Review, and Admissions Committee.
- Monitor/Assess residents in IL for changes in status and assist in transfers based on measuring tools and family meetings. Callaborate with the Director of Health Services to assure effective transitions from IL to Assisted Living or Skilled Nursing.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES – Other:
- Performs other related duties as needed.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT / WORKING CONDITIONS:
CLERICAL/SECRETARY – PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Occasional – 1 to 33% of workday
Frequent – 34 – 66% of workday
Constant – 67 – 100% of workday
Not at all – 0% of workday
Walking: 2.3 mph, 0 incline; unilateral vertical reach 36-72”; bilateral carry 30’, 25#; push/pull 100’, 19ft.lbs.; lift 0-25# 6-36” from floor; lift 0-25# 36-48” from floor; lift 0-25# 6-72” from floor, climbing stairs; operating machines: (2 foot/feet).
Sitting, unilateral horizontal reach 0-18”, bilateral fine motor manipulation functional near, far, color vision aided or unaided; functional hearing aid or unaided; functional verbal communication skills; operating machines: (2 hand(s)).
NOT AT ALL
Hold 200# patient sidelying while doing procedure x 2 min; roll 200# patient away/toward self; transfer 105# person chair-chair 5x/hr. with gait belt; bed-cart transfer with 200# person and assist of one with sheet; more 200# person up in bed with assist of one and sheet; climbing ladders, working from heights, crawling, kneeling, running, operating machines; keyboarding & CRT usage.
Category III Job Classification – Laurel Lake employee jobs that include all other employees not covered under Category I & II jobs whose tasks do not involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues or used sharps.
Job Hazard Risks:
Infectious Disease Exposure
Hazard Materials Exposure (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical)
Workplace Violence Potential
This job description identifies the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not to be considered an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties or skills required of an incumbent.