|Date Posted||May 15, 2019|
Director of Marketing - Full Time/Exempt
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of Marketing is responsible for overseeing and directing the operations and staff of the Marketing Department to maintain virtually full occupancy in independent, assisted living and nursing care and carry out administrative functions; present the wellness lifestyle and residency options to individuals and groups in the wider community.
Bachelor's degree preferred
A minimum of ten years’ experience in all, or a combination of the following: sales of intangibles, working with a senior market, basic knowledge of public relations and advertising, business management and management of sales personnel.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Goal driven, good communication skills, detail oriented, possess leadership skills, self-motivated and the ability to learn.
- Strong computer experience with Microsoft products.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
PRINCIPLE JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Direct, monitor and motivate sales and other staff to ensure that LL achieves and/or maintains budgeted or better occupancy in independent units, residential and nursing care.
- Respond to inquiries from prospects, family members, professional influencers and residents desiring to transfer to another unit, making recommendations and developing a plan of action to effectively direct them to residency at LL or another option that will best meet their needs.
- Participate and contribute to ensuring that LL fulfills its purpose, mission, values, community outreach and long-range plan.
- Provide a leadership role in the management of LL by maintaining a positive professional and personal, open, honest and caring relationship with staff, residents, Board members in all areas/positions through active support, participation and communication in meetings, activities and daily interaction.
- Provide direction and help create and review letters, press releases, ads, collateral materials, newsletters, annual report and correspondence to the market, families, residents, management and staff.
- Develop yearly marketing plan and department operational goals and budget to support the LL strategic plan; monitor/tract/report outcomes; and provide direction and support to marketing staff for successful completion of their personal and the department’s goals, budget, and marketing plan.
- Develop, review and implement marketing/admission policies and sales/closing documents and contracts.
- Interact and communicate with residents and their families, including participation in resident meetings and activities to maintain a positive professional relationship that helps to attain high Resident satisfaction
- Maintain good community relationships through churches, civic groups by participating in outside community groups.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES - Other:
- Performs other related duties as needed.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Blood Exposure Category: 3
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Ongoing updates on Marketing of CCRC's via other qualified professionals in the field.
Attend at least one seminar in this area each year.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Clerical/Secretary – Physical Demands
Occasional – 1 to 33% of workday
Frequent – 34 – 66% of workday
Constant – 67 – 100% of workday
Not at all – 0% of workday
Walking: 2.3 mph, 0 incline; unilateral vertical reach 36-72”; bilateral carry 30’, 25#; push/pull 100’, 19ft.lbs.; lift 0-25# 6-36” from floor; lift 0-25# 36-48” from floor; lift 0-25# 6-72” from floor, climbing stairs; operating machines: (2 foot/feet).
Sitting, unilateral horizontal reach 0-18”, bilateral fine motor manipulation functional near, far, color vision aided or unaided; functional hearing aid or unaided; functional verbal communication skills; operating machines: (2 hand(s)).
Not at All
Hold 200# patient sidelying while doing procedure x 2 min; roll 200# patient away/toward self; transfer 105# person chair-chair 5x/hr. with gait belt; bed-cart transfer with 200# person and assist of one with sheet; more 200# person up in bed with assist of one and sheet; climbing ladders, working from heights, crawling, kneeling, running, operating machines; keyboarding & CRT usage.
Category III Job Classification – Laurel Lake employee jobs that include all other employees not covered under Category I & II jobs whose tasks do not involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues or used sharps.
Job Hazard Risks:
Infectious Disease Exposure
Hazard Materials Exposure (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical)
Workplace Violence Potential
This job description identifies the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not to be considered an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties or skills required of an incumbent.