|Date Posted||January 20, 2020|
You already us
Shearers is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearers brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Director, Safety - Enterprise
Your seat at the table
OurDirector, Safety is an integral part of Senior Management that provides organizational leadership for a comprehensive safety program.You will provide leadership to the Enterprise as it relates to safety culture and adherence to safety.
As the Safety Champion, you will plan and implement organization safety programs to ensure a safe and accident-free work environment. You are in charge of leading our Safety & Environment function/Pillar, developing and maintaining avisiblesafety culture.
- Development of an enterprise-wide risk management strategy that aligns with the strategic objectives of the company.
- Develop a robust Safety system to effectively drive engagement, reduce risk and provide a safe and healthy work setting.
- Provide leadership to drive change throughout the enteriprise and integrate continuous improvement in order to enhance business operations.
- Manage the safety function for the organization to reduce safety rates, financial losses.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership for the establishment, cultivation and management of a network of external business partners including third party insurers, brokers, claims administrators and outside legal counsel.
- Act as liaison between Senior Management, Plant Management and Associates on matters relating to safety.
- You will know where to go to find resources and have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Monitor trends that could have an impact on operations.
- Lead the day-to-day operation of the companys risk management program including proactively identifying the companys exposure to loss, managing and responding to those exposures, and implementing risk mitigation practices.
- Assess and develop safety and risk programs in partnership with field operations to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local safety-related regulations, and other environmental health, safety and loss prevention standards.
What we need
- 7+ years of expertise leading Safety/Environment functions and teams over multiple sites
- Bachelors degree required
- Demonstrated success in building and implementing a behavioral-based Safety program across multiple sites
- Previous experience with one or more: on the plant floor, operations, maintenance, supply chain, warehouse, transportation, etc.
- Strong executive presence and an inspirational leader that promotes innovative thinking
- Safety Leadership Experience in a Manufacturing or Production Environment
- Coaching and team development experience
- Certification is strongly preferred: Certified Safety Professional, Certified Safety Manager, and/or Project Management Professional
- Practical experience of Lean, 6S, CI methodology
- Practical experience with Safety tools and systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project)
Relocation assistance is available
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearers, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearers does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.