|Date Posted||June 22, 2020|
The Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities (Cuyahoga DD) is seeking a Custodian/Repairperson to work as an HVAC Repairperson to perform all building maintenance and trade work including, but not limited to, HVAC systems, mechanical equipment, plumbing, electrical, carpentry (rough and finish), structural, fabrication, painting, key system maintenance and all other building maintenance repairs, remodeling and new construction activities as assigned, day to day management of key control system.
The HVAC repairperson will repair and maintain in solo or team situations the physical structures, fixtures, machinery, plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems in all Cuyahoga DD properties in accordance with blueprints, manuals. Will be predominantly engaged in the maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment, controls, and systems associated with HVAC, refrigeration, and energy management in Cuyahoga DD properties.
- Minimum five years' experience in overall school or commercial building maintenance.
- Specialization in HVAC preferred: See HVAC requirements below.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Trade school or other specialized training or education desirable.
- Valid state of Ohio driver's license and continued maintenance of excellent driving record.
- Verifiable experience installing, performing preventive maintenance and repairing the following equipment: package units up to 50 tons, pumps, AHUs, VFDs and cooling towers, air-cooled chillers up to 100 tons, atmospheric boilers, centrifugal chillers, large reciprocating, scroll and screw air conditioning and/or refrigeration systems.
- Working knowledge of HVAC building automation systems, specifically Johnson Controls Metasys.
- Working knowledge of facility maintenance and systems
- Possess a mid to master-level understanding of refrigeration cycle
- Possess strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Preferred State of Ohio HVAC contracting license
- Required certification or associate’s degree in HVAC from a technical school
- Required to have Universal Refrigeration Certificate
- Required minimum of 5 years’ experience in commercial facility HVAC maintenance field
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:16 paid holidays a year, plus paid vacation, sick, and personal days, plus low cost medical insurance and FREE (no premium) dental, vision, and life insurance. Many more perks.
Apply ONLINE at the following URL: