|Date Posted||February 5, 2020|
You already us
Shearers is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearers brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
IT Security Manager
Your seat at the table
Shearers is looking for a detail-oriented IT Security Manager to be responsible for growing our security practices, improving our policies and driving security processes within our organization. The IT Security Manager works independently to establish procedures/technology to control network security access and protect against unauthorized access, modifications, or destruction.
To be a successful the IT Security Manager, you should be meticulous and detail oriented, with excellent technical and information security skills. You should be skilled at drafting security policies and training less technically skilled employees to be security conscious. You should be able to analyze complex data and problems to identify potential consequences of the proposed actions.
- Implementing procedures and methods for auditing and addressing non-compliance to information security standards
- Overseeing and performing daily operational 'eyes on glass' real-time monitoring and analysis of security events from multiple sources including but not limited to events from SIEM tools, network and host-based IDS, firewall logs, system logs (Unix & Windows), mainframes, midrange, applications and databases
- Perform basic level risk and vulnerability analysis/assessment on select products, including but not limited to: Windows Active Directory, VPN, anti-virus, patches, DLP, Privileged User Monitoring and log monitoring
- Manage the ongoing enhancements to the security of existing technologies including network, anti-malware, firewall, IDS/IPS, O365, etc.
- Preparing operational reports, governance reports and present them to the business stakeholders
- Monitoring SIEM processes, storage utilization, and events including appropriately escalating information to senior leadership
- Providing information security architecture guidance as necessary
- Developing standard operating procedures for the Information Security and Incident Response team
- Attending status/project meetings to provide guidance on control requirements, and reviewing control implementations for compliance
- Configuring and maintaining assigned technologies according to industry best practices
- Assisting with assessments, audits and system reviews as necessary
- Preparing operational reports and governance reports for management
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; bench-marking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
- Consulting with staff, managers, and executives about the best security practices and providing technical advice
- Training IT staff to understand and use security protocols
What you bring to the table
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, or a related field.
- 5 years of Enterprise-wide security architecture experience Strong understanding and knowledge of computer, network, and security systems
- Ability to deal with complex functional specifications and determine how to best implement them technically
- Ability to prioritize and process multiple complex projects; deadlines; and processes with attention to detail and accuracy
- Good teaching, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Possesses a Security + certification, or a current acceptable accredited security certification
- 3-6 years experience in the IT Security field
- ISO 27001/27002, ITIL and COBIT, NIST frameworks
- PCI, HIPAA, NIST, GLBA and SOX compliance assessments
- Firewall and intrusion detection/prevention protocol
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearers, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!