|Date Posted||October 10, 2021|
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop, direct and supervise Cook staff in the production and cooking of all menu items according to standardized recipes.
- Hands-on participation in the preparation and cooking of all menu items.
- Hands-on participation teaching and direction of staff to ensure production and cleanliness standards are met.
- Ensure proper labeling and dating of all food products is in effect.
- Communicate with/Kitchen Coordinator the need for food items/equipment necessary for meal preparation and service.
- Learn from the Kitchen Coordinator to execute key functions including but not limited to ordering staff scheduling, menu and recipe development, new staff orientation and annual performance evaluations
- Adherence to all safety policies & procedures of the Facility and regulatory authorities.
- Attend and participate in all departmental meetings.
- Attendance and participation in in-service training (IST) programs.
- Reporting of all hazardous conditions or equipment.
- Reporting of all accidents / incidents.
- Ensure the training of new kitchen staff members and regular development of current staff members.
- Ensure completion of kitchen staff work assignments through end-of-shift checkouts.
- Performance of other duties as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed.
- Assumes role of Kitchen Coordinator in his/her absence.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language
- Must have working knowledge of HACCP and OSHA protocols
- 2 years minimum experience in hospitality and food service.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Good communication, listening skills; must be able to demonstrate effective reading, writing, speaking analytical skills.
- Must be a detail oriented person and be able to perform duties with great accuracy each day
- Must be able to work overtime, holidays, weekends as assigned
- Must be able to interface with people at all levels and with residents in a positive and professional manner.
- Continuously models respectful and mature leadership skills
PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Full understanding and effective application of:
- Different therapeutic diets and their restrictions
- Sanitation, food borne illness, and cross-contamination policies and procedures
- Dining room operational procedures and etiquette
- Use of HACCP protocols
- Proper small wares handling
- Resident’s rights
- Departmental policies & procedures
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Walks, stands, bends for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 30-50 pounds
- Works beyond duty hours, on weekends, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Maintain current Servsafe certification