|Date Posted||September 8, 2021|
LPN CHARGE NURSE (ASSISTED LIVING) - SEMI FULL TIME 32 HRS. PER WEEK / 6:00AM-2:30PM
LPN’s - $2500.00 Sign on Bonus (FT)
LPN’s - $1000.00 Sign on Bonus (PT)
(*Sign on Bonus Eligibility is based on your status at time of hire. Status must be that of full time, working at least 30 or more hours per week for the $2500.00 bonus and anyone hiring in part time, working less than 30 hours per week would be eligible for the $1000.00 bonus. All sign-on bonuses are prorated and paid over 5 quarters.)
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Greenwood LPN is responsible for the provision of quality resident care to assisted living residents during his/her Greenwood shift. He/she is responsible for supervising; managing and disciplining state tested nursing assistants assigned to the Greenwood unit in order to ensure the continuity and quality of resident care.
Graduate of NLN approved LPN school.
1-year experience working with the senior population in RCF or LTC setting
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Current Ohio License for Practical Nursing
- BLS Certified (CPR/First Aid)
PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Address resident, family and staff concerns/questions. Relays pertinent information to LPN Supervisor as appropriate.
- Serves as first-line supervisor to resident assistants. Prepares assignments, communicates resident needs and monitors nursing assistants performance.
- Completes charting for resident illness or unusual occurrence. Effectively communicates information to residents’ responsible parties, physicians and Greenwood team members.
- Organizes and implements the day to day operations of resident care in accordance with Federal, State, Local and facility standards and regulations. Also assists in maintaining resident records.
- Ensures all staff on Greenwood follows guidelines in resident care plans, enhancing resident independence and well being according to the facilities’ wellness philosophy. Participates in implementation of policies and procedures that govern the operations of Greenwood.
- Assures delivery of medications and treatments as prescribed by physicians and monitors and reports progress.
- Monitors the wireless nurse call system and staff responses to ensure prompt and high quality services.
- Acclimates new residents to Greenwood philosophy and protocols. Participates in review of resident profiles with designated team members to ensure appropriate level of service.
- Accepts responsibility to oversee and discipline staff as is appropriate.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES – Other:
- Performs other related duties as needed.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Direct Care – Physical Demands
Occasional – 1 to 33% of workday
Frequent – 34 to 66% of workday
Constant – 67 – 100% of workday
Not at all – 0% of workday
Sitting, Unilateral Vertical Reach 36-72”; Bed-cart transfer with 200# person and assist of one with sheet; Lift 0-50#, 6-36” from floor; climbing stairs; operating machines (2hand(s)), operating machines 2foot/feet).
Standing, walking 2.3 mph, 0 incline; unilateral horizontal reach 0-18”; bilateral carry, 30’, 27#; push/pull 100’, 19ft lbs; hold 200# patient sidelying while doing procedure x 2 minutes; roll 200# patient away/toward self; transfer 105# person chair-chair 5x/hr with gait belt; move 200# person up in bed with assist of one and sheet; lift 0-30#, 6”-36” from floor; lift 0-20# 36”-48” from floor; lift 0-20# 6”-72” from floor.
Bilateral fine motor manipulation; functional near, far, color vision aided or unaided; functional hearing aided or unaided; functional verbal communication skills; working overtime as assigned to meet operational/patient care demands.
Not at All
Climbing ladders; working from heights; crawling; kneeling; running
Category I job classification – Laurel Lake employees who have jobs with tasks that routinely involve exposure or potential exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues and/or used sharps.
Job Hazard Risks:
Infectious Disease Exposure
Hazard Materials Exposure (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical)
Workplace Violence Potential
This job description identifies the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not to be considered an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties or skills required of an incumbent.