|Date Posted||June 7, 2021|
This position is primarily responsible for supporting the manufacturing process and the quality functions to ensure that finished product meets internal specifications and customer requirements.
Illustrative duties may include, but are not restricted to, one or more of the following:
- Must be able to perform all functions of an operator or an assembler
- Read and understand the work instructions and attribute sheets posted at the work cell
- Sign and date the work instruction training record
- Follow the packaging requirements on the work instructions.
- Listen to the Production Coordinators and follow their instructions.
- The Production Coordinators are responsible for your training
- Operate the press by following the work instructions
- Remove gates or flash as required
- Operators are responsible for the quality of their product. Ask the Production Coordinator if you are unsure of what is required of you.
- Be able to understand and detect the various molding defects
- Any parts you are unsure of place in the bin marked “Suspect parts for quality review” and notify the Production Coordinator or the Quality Auditor
- Operators are responsible to place the labels provided on each box
- Boxes must have a label before any product is placed inside
- Fill out all paperwork accurately (hours, downtime, scrap, labels. etc.)
- Operate your machine efficiently to maintain cycle time requirements
- If the press is down or the technician is working on it sweep and clean the work area
Secondary / Assembly Process:
- Read and sign the work instructions
- Follow all steps in the work instructions
- Answer to the Assembly / Automation department lead
- Verify that all BoM components match those listed on the shop traveler
- All boxes must have a label before any parts are placed in them
- When suspect nonconforming parts are found notify the department lead
- Verify that all required components have been installed
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Read and understand the work instructions
- Understand that your performance directly impacts customer satisfaction and the attainability of CIMA Plastics Group Quality Objectives