|Date Posted||November 20, 2020|
Able to plan, organize and complete painting of new and refurbished Apartments, Villas and Support areas as needed. Performs interior and exterior repairs including but not limited to electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry and painting. installation and repairs. Works with all members of the department but is primarily to perform tasks related to renovations. Performs "On-call" duties as scheduled and responds to emergency situations as required.
- Monitor and organize inventory, prep for scheduled painting related jobs.
- Complete work orders associated with resident requests or renovations in a timely and professional manner in IL and common spaces.
- Complete work orders associated with resident requests or renovations in a timely and professional manner in AL and Nursing and public nursing areas.
- Assist other maintenance mechanics, complete routine preventative maintenance, performs renovation upgrades and completes paperwork.
- Complete interior and exterior repairs, upgrades or replacements to apartments or villas to get unit ready for new move as directed.
- Complete work orders associated with resident requests & specifically renovation requests, countertops, replacement of appliances and major equipment in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist other maintenance mechanics, complete routine preventative maintenance performs renovation upgrades and completes paperwork.
- Completes scheduled and unscheduled duties, returns phone calls and performs "On-call" duties. Attends all mandatory meetings.
Good communication skills.
Good hands on people skills.
Able to work independently
High school or equivalent.
Completion of 34 Specific Maintenance Certifications + 5 yrs experience or equivalent.
Trade school or vocational school for renovating and construction or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES – Other:
- Performs other related duties as needed.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT / WORKING CONDITIONS:
Non-Patient Care Staff (51-75 lbs.) – Physical Demands
Occasional – 1 to 33% of workday
Frequent – 34 – 66% of workday
Constant – 67 – 100% of workday
Not at all – 0% of workday
Sitting; bilateral carry 3’, 75#; push/pull 100’, 20ft.lbs; lift 0-75# 6-36” from floor; lift 0-75# 36-48” from floor; lift 0-50# 6-72” from floor; climbing stairs, climbing ladders, working from heights, crawling, kneeling, running, operating machines: (2 hand(s)); operating machines: (2 foot/feet); other: bilateral carry: 50’, 50#; other: bilateral carry: 100’, 25#.
Unilateral horizontal reach 0-18”; unilateral vertical reach 36—72”; lift 0-40#, 6-36” from floor.
Standing, walking: 2.3 mph, 0 incline; bilateral fine motor manipulation; functional near, far, color vision aided or unaided, functional hearing aid or unaided, functional verbal communication skills; working overtime as assigned to meet operational/patient care demands.
NOT AT ALL
Hold 200# patient sidelying while doing procedure x 2 min; roll 200# patient away/toward self; transfer 105# person chair-chair 5x/hr. with gait belt; bed-cart transfer with 200# person and assist of one with sheet; more 200# person up in bed with assist of one and sheet.
Category II Job Classification – Laurel Lake employees who have jobs with tasks that rarely involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues and have no contact with used sharps.
Job Hazard Risks:
Infectious Disease Exposure
Hazard Materials Exposure (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical)
Workplace Violence Potential
This job description identifies the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not to be considered an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties or skills required of an incumbent.
Interested? Apply Online