|Date Posted||July 15, 2021|
Responsible for the preventative maintenance and repair of blow molding machines and related equipment, to include tooling and various downstream equipment.
- Performs mechanical, electrical, electronic, and pneumatic troubleshooting.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Starts devices to test their performance and ensures proper corrective action has been taken.
- Sets up and operates drill press, grinders and other metal working tools to make and repair parts.
- Initiates purchase requisitions for parts and machines.
- Makes adjustments and repairs on machinery in the designated work area.
- Monitors and performs necessary repairs, and records all changes.
- Completes preventative maintenance requirements.
- Helps maintain customer requirements according to specifications in bottle weights and various dimensions.
- Performs changeovers with production associates, following changeover schedules.
- Works together with Process Technicians and Team Leaders to resolve technical process problems with color, mold and label changeovers.
- Performs line changeover procedures and ensures correct completion and successful start ups.
- Makes suggestions to improve procedures and streamline processes to reduce changeover time.
- Prepares equipment and supplies (molds, trim tooling, etc.) for changeovers, including outfitting molds and repairing tooling.
- Follows correct housekeeping and safety procedures.
- Attends all related training sessions and team meetings.
- Responsible for maintaining ISO standards, including consistent data documentation in PICS/SAP.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Welding and fabricator experience preferred.
- Demonstrates strong teamwork ethic.
- Exhibits a high level of self-motivation and flexibility of job assignments.
- Works overtime as necessary, based on production needs/demands.
- Possesses an appropriate balance of technical and interpersonal communication skills, and willingness to extend knowledge through training.
- Reads and interprets documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, blue prints, and schematics correctly.
- Applies concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations effectively.
- Carries out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form correctly, applying good judgment and practical knowledge.
- Effectively deals with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- High school Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Regularly stand / walk up to 8 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Able to work on aerial platforms up to 20 ft.