|Date Posted||June 24, 2020|
MANAGER, WELLNESS & CARING HANDS (LPN) / FULL-TIME / EXEMPT
Standard Office Hours:
Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday - 9:00am to 5:30pm
Wednesday - 8:00am - 4:30pm
SUMMARY OF JOB
Supervise and coordinate the health care of all independent residents in conjunction with primary and wellness physicians, as well as providing wellness. Maintain confidential medical records for staff and residents. The Wellness Manager will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Mission Statement and Core Value.
Graduate of Licensed Practical School of Nursing or Registered Nurse diploma/degree
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION AND REGISTRATION:
- LPN graduate with current Ohio licensure
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Work Orientation and Experience:
- 2 years of long term care or home health care experience
- Physician’s office experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent communication and assessment skills.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible.
- Ability to interact with residents, families, physicians.
- Demonstrated patience with the senior population
PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Supervision and performance of wellness activities, staff and documentation.
- Complete wellness assessments, new admission assessments and transition assessments.
- Present information to Resident Review Team for recommendations and admission committee, as needed.
- Provide and promote wellness programs to residents and staff.
- Attend meetings of Resident Review weekly, daily stand-up, monthly wellness staff meetings, admissions and leadership meeting.
- Establish new resident information including colpaks, Living Wills, Durable Power of Attorney, DNR.
- Assess condition and facilitate transfer of residents requiring admission to nursing.
- Respond to emergencies for residents in Independent Living.
- Communicate with residents/family members regarding health care and level of care for independent residents.
- Prepare/present committee reports for meetings: Resident Review, Medical Director.
- Facilitate referrals for home health care as needed in apartments/villas.
- Supervise and provide medical support to Caring Hands.
- Work with Director of Clinical Services on established goals.
- Work with Director of Clinical Services to maintain budgetary requirements.
- Accept, process and follow through on all staff injuries at Laurel Lake.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES – Other:
- Performs other related duties as needed.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
NON-PATIENT CARE STAFF (0-20 LBS.) – PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Occasional – 1 to 33% of workday
Frequent – 34 – 66% of workday
Constant – 67 – 100% of workday
Not at all – 0% of workday
Sitting, Unilateral Vertical Reach 36-72”, lift 0-20#, 6-36” from floor; lift 0-20#, 36-48” from floor; climbing stairs; operating machines (2 hand(s)).
Unilateral Horizontal Reach 0-18”; push/pull 100’, 19ft.lbs.
Standing, walking: 2.3 mph, 0 incline; bilateral fine motor manipulation; functional near, far, color vision aided or unaided; functional hearing aid or unaided; functional verbal communication skills; working overtime as assigned to meet operational/patient care demands.
NOT AT ALL
Hold 200# patient sidelying while doing procedure x 2 min; roll 200# patient away/toward self; transfer 105# person chair-chair 5x/hr. with gait belt; bed-cart transfer with 200# person and assist of one with sheet; lift 0- ___# 6-36” from floor; lift 0- ___# 6-72” from floor; climbing ladders, working from heights, crawling, kneeling, running, operating machines: (2 foot/feet).
Category II Job Classification – Laurel Lake employees who have jobs with tasks that rarely involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues and have no contact with used sharps.
Job Hazard Risks:
Infectious Disease Exposure
Hazard Materials Exposure (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical)
Workplace Violence Potential
This job description identifies the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not to be considered an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties or skills required of an incumbent.