|Date Posted||July 28, 2020|
MDS NURSE/UNIT MANAGER (LPN/RN), FULL TIME - EXEMPT, 8:00AM-4:30PM
** Will be part of the on-call and MOD (Manager on Duty) rotation
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The MDS Nurse is responsible for the timely scheduling and completion of the MDS and initial care plans. The MDS Nurse promotes the implementation of the Care Plan by jointly reviewing the Care Plan with nursing staff to ensure that it accurately reflects and meets the resident’s needs. This nurse also oversees the in-house restorative program, evaluating residents in an ongoing manner for restorative needs. The MDS Nurse supervises the restorative staff and evaluates them with the assistance of the DON on an annual basis.
The Unit Manager is responsible for the clinical oversight of his/her assigned unit.
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- 2 years of experience in nursing within a long-term care setting
- Knowledge of the MDS process and Restorative Nursing preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Completes and inputs MDS/Care Plan information into the computer.
- Responsible for preparation of MDS/Care Plan schedule.
- Consults with Case Manager and Therapy Manager regarding appropriate reference date which maximizes PPS reimbursement.
- Review completed MDS/Care Plan with nursing staff to promote learning and the understanding of the Care Plan which maximizes resident care.
- Assures timely/accurately submission of MDS to State authorities.
- Organizes and ensures ongoing maintenance of the Restorative Nursing
- Program, including activities and documentation.
- Supervises, mentors and evaluates Restorative Nursing Assistants.
- Evaluates and ensures proper placement of residents in therapy, restorative, and/or nursing maintenance programs through ongoing communication with therapy staff and CC/SW staff.
- Educates all staff to become increasingly familiar with the Restorative Nursing Program on an ongoing, as needed, basis.
- Ensure laboratory orders are completed and followed up by the physician
- IMMR monitoring monthly and upon admission
- Ensure psychoactive medications have a every 6 month follow up and that a reduction or a reason for denial is clearly in the documentation
- Audit Admissions to ensure orders are input correctly, assessments are completed and appointments have been scheduled
- Monitor and ensure the Restorative programs are being carried out as ordered
- Oversight of the STNA’s and Nurses on his/her assigned unit.
- Follow up with resident and family concerns/grievances and communicates with the appropriate discipline as to the outcome/follow up
- Preventative interventions are in place for falls prevention and pressure ulcer prevention and ensure foley catheters are removed after the assessment process if no appropriate diagnosis is present
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES – Other:
- Performs other related duties as needed.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: