|Date Posted||May 17, 2021|
Oriana House, Inc. is looking to hire individuals who want to provide sober companionship and act as a social bridge from the culture of addiction to the culture of recovery.
What does it take to become a Recovery Coach?
*You must complete the Recovery Coach Training offered by the State of Ohio and pass the exam. To be accepted into the state's Recovery Coach Training Program, you must be in recovery from an addiction to alcohol or other drugs.*
STARTING RATE: $13.50 (no certificate upon hire) / $15.50 (certified upon hire)
Essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to
- Performs outreach work with clients; engages hard-to-reach individuals into recovery-related activities.
- Listens to the client and expresses genuine care. Is trusted with confidences and identifies areas for potential growth.
- Facilitates the transition from a professionally directed substance abuse treatment plan to a client developed and client directed Recovery Wellness Plan.
- Provides feedback to clients on the recovery progress. Identifies areas to the client which have presented or may present roadblocks to continued abstinence.
- Assists clients with identifying and resolving personal and environmental obstacles to recovery.
- Is knowledgeable of links for clients to sources of sober housing, recovery-conducive employment, health and social services, and recovery support. Matches clients to particular support groups or 12 step-meetings.
- Provides clients with normative information about the stages of recovery. Assists in facilitating the process necessary to remain free from the addiction, informs clients of the professional helpers within the community, and about the prevalence, pathways, and life-style of long-term recovery.
- Processes clients' responses to professional services to reinforce treatment services and encourages successful outcomes. Provides coaching and support to clients as challenges arise from everyday activities. This is done through one-on-one sessions, group meetings, and telephonic contact. Assists clients and their families to develop sobriety-based rituals of daily living.
Full Time Benefits Package includes:
- Medical Insurance and Prescription Card
- Paid Hospital Days
- Eight Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 10 Vacation Days per year
- 10 Personal-Sick Days per year
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Public Loan Forgiveness
- Wellness Program and Incentives, including FitThumb Wellness App.
QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or equivalent required. Must have Recovery Coach certification within three months of assuming the position and must maintain certification in good standing. Flexible schedule including various evening and weekend hours. Must possess valid Ohio driver's license and a driving record that does not preclude the employee from being covered by Agency liability insurance. Must have the ability to effectively work with Agency employees, outside contacts, and a diverse client population.
Oriana House Recruiters may reach out to applicants via text messaging.
Oriana House, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.50 - $15.50 per hour