|Date Posted||July 14, 2021|
SECURITY OFFICER / PRN, WORK AS NEEDED, VARIABLE SCHEDULE
Responsible for the overall safety and security of all persons, residents and staff involved with the facility while maintaining a high level of visibility and accessibility.
High School or equivalent.
Security, military, or police preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Great resident staff and visitors.
- Various Front Main Desk Duties.
- Good hands-on people skills.
- Good communication skills.
PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Perform procedural tasks, which will vary from day to day but consist of patrols, investigations, alarm monitoring, operating switchboard, assisting residents and staff, lock-ups and ensuring the operational safety and security of Laurel Lake for staff residents and guests.
- Set and monitor emergency systems (PAWLS, Pull-cords, and both fire alarm systems). Respond to any and all emergency situations.
- Perform work orders; deliver parcels and medications (when necessary) as needed. Deliver meals and assist in-room special event "set-ups".
- Complete "pre and post" shift briefings as well as attending departmental meetings and in-services. Conform to and enforce Standards of Conduct.
- Proficient use of computer programs, email and office equipment related to forms and all paperwork needed to complete tasks.
- Provide assistance on minor maintenance and housekeeping issues that arise after hours.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES – Other:
- Performs other related duties as needed.
- Self-motivated and use initiative