|Date Posted||March 20, 2020|
You already us
Shearers is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearers brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Senior Demand Planning Analyst
A Senior Demand Planning Analyst is responsible for developing a monthly consensus forecast for specific sales segments. Key responsibilities include developing a baseline statistical forecast, understanding and adjusting historical outliers, incorporating market knowledge such as promotions or other events that would impact demand, and addressing forecast errors. Cross functional communication and alignment of the forecast is critical. This will include working with product development, sales, customer service, and scheduling. This position reports to the Manager of Demand Planning.
Your seat at the table
- Manage the collaborative monthly forecast process as a key part of the S&OP process for a defined portion of the business
- Partner with sales and marketing to integrate promotional calendar and new product introduction into forecast plan
- Maintain and improve the forecast models (by product, customer and plant).
- Collaborate with Sales, Finance, Product management and Operations to incorporate causal events into the forecast, and align them with supply chain planning to meet customer service expectations
- Interact with customer supply planning teams
- Adhere to strict deadlines for deliverable's in the S&OP system
- Monitor and improve key performance metrics.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelors Degree in Operations / Supply Chain Management or related business discipline is preferred. An Associates degree with relevant experience will be considered.
- 2 to 4 years experience working as a Forecast Analyst and looking for the opportunity to build and grow with in Supply Chain
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics and/or forecasting methodologies with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Experience working within a forecasting software program, preferably JDA.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearers, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!