|Date Posted||November 29, 2019|
You already us
Shearers is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearers brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Senior Manager, Safety
Your seat at the table
The Sr. Manager, Safety will be located at our headquarters in Massillon, Ohio. The role will provide expert guidance and serve as a strategic partner and change agent to the enterprise as it relates to safety culture and adherence to safety.
You will plan and implement organization safety programs to ensure a safe and accident-free work environment. You are in charge of leading our Safety & Environment function/Pillar, developing and maintaining a visible safety culture.
- Manage the safety function for the organization to reduce safety rates, financial losses, and eliminate occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Act as liaison between Senior Management, Plant Management and Associates on matters relating to safety.
- Develop and lead Corporate and site KPIs and goals.
- Monitor trends that could have an impact on operations.
What we need
- 7+ years of expertise leading Safety/Environment functions and teams over multiple sites
- Bachelors degree required. MS preferred
- Operational experience in a Plant/Manufacturing environment, strongly preferred
- Expert in the training and development process. Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver Safety training over multiple sites
- Certification is strongly preferred: Certified Safety Professional, Certified Safety Manager, and/or Project Management Professional
- Safety Leadership Experience in a Manufacturing or Production Environment
- Practical experience of Lean Knowledge, business process improvement methodology, and Safety tools and systems
- Experience collaborating within plant and functional matrix-driven organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project)
Travel up to 30%
Relocation assistance provided.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearers, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearers does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.