|Date Posted||January 12, 2021|
You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Sr. Manager Procurement Packaging
Position is located at our Service Center in Massillon, OH
Your seat at the table
Shearer’s is seeking an experienced Sr. Manager Procurement, Packaging. The ideal candidate is responsible for managing the category performance of Rigid Packaging in a number of categories to include Corrugated, Folding Cartons, and Pallets. This includes category strategy development and execution, PPV performance, supplier development and performance against KPIs.
- Manage and report purchasing metrics: PPV, supplier report cards, market trends and analysis.
- Initiate and evaluate supplier bids and contracts, manages the qualification of new suppliers and negotiates supplier agreements and install contracts as needed.
- Partners with vendors to ensure; quality, technical support, process control, service and lowest costs are achieved. Manage vendor continuous improvement initiatives.
- Drives value through cross functional cooperation with operations, quality assurance, product development and finance to improve the cost, quality and service of all areas of spend.
- Procurement of materials required for ongoing production requirements and to meet sales and operations plans.
- Manage commercial relationships with vendors.
- Facilitate cost and inventory reductions to meet P/L and Cash targets.
- Risk assessment of materials supply and risk mitigation.
- Manage QBR’s with strategic suppliers.
- Establish and manage supplier performance against KPI’s.
- Responsible for the non-conforming materials, rejects and the returns process and implementation of corrective actions with suppliers.
- Ensure adherence to material specifications/requirements.
- Coordinate supplier involvement in product or business development efforts.
- Source and provide best in class, cost effective alternatives on category components to plants
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Technical Packaging experience a plus
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in Procurement & Sourcing
- Working knowledge of RFP-RFQ, ERP-MRP, VMI, JIT
- Lean and supplier relationship management
- Food, Consumer Products, Packaging or Manufacturing experience a plus
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer’s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.