|Location||1275 LAKESIDE AVENUE, CLEVELAND, OH|
|Date Posted||September 15, 2021|
The Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities (Cuyahoga DD) is seeking several full-time Support Administrators to facilitate the development of person-centered plans for individuals that promote self-determination. Develop, authorize and revise a personal budget based upon needs and outcomes identified in the plan. Assist individuals and their families to explore and obtain services and supports. Implement an ongoing system of review. The nature of work will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Act as the primary point of coordination for the person-centered planning team. Utilize an assess/plan/review/revise process to help teams plan for each individual assigned.
- Assist individuals and teams to identify issues, areas of potential risk, and outcomes that are important to and for the individual. Complete and/or coordinate thorough assessments to determine the need for services and supports. Revise assessments as needs change and annually.
- Facilitate the development of a person-centered plan, including the determination and direction of needed supports. Revise plan as needed based on individual or team concerns, progress toward meeting outcomes, plan review, MUI prevention plans, or other issues that impact the need for services as described in the plan.
- Identify funding sources for supports identified in the Individualized Service Plan (ISP) by utilizing a hierarchy of funding options applicable to each person. Plan with teams to access services that are cost efficient and effective to meet the needs described in the ISP.
- Establish and approve budgets for services based upon the individual’s assessed needs and preferred ways of meeting those needs. Manage the fiscal processes related to service authorizations, including use of local and statewide projection tools. Manage processes related to prior authorization as necessary and respond to requests for revisions of authorizations as needed.
- Establish and maintain contact with service providers and natural supports as necessary to ensure that services are effectively coordinated by appropriate providers.
- Promote community presence and participation. Provide referral and linkage to community resources to help individuals meet their needs and to engage with their communities.
- Implement an ongoing system of monitoring continuous plan review to ensure that supports are delivered according to each individual plan, that progress is being made toward desired outcomes and that individuals are satisfied with services. Take action to remediate any immediate concerns regarding health and welfare.
- Assist individuals in choosing providers as needed.
- Assist with enrollment onto Medicaid waivers as appropriate. Complete all related paperwork accurately and in a timely manner to ensure maintenance of funding for supports, including development and recommendation of plans for approval to DODD when services included in plans are funded through the DODD Medicaid Waivers.
- Establish an individual’s eligibility for services of County Board of DD.
ASSIGNMENTS TYPES: In addition to the typical caseload, we are also looking to onboard an SA to work in the following specialty assignment:
- Bilingual: Support Administrators in this assignment will help to serve the many families in northeast Ohio who speak only Spanish. Due to the need to serve the individuals and families in Spanish, we are actively seeking candidates who are fluent in both English and Spanish, as the candidate would need to be able to communicate in both languages verbally and in writing. If you are interested in this assignment, please indicate that desire in your cover letter.
UNUSUAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Employee will be required to drive extensively both within and beyond Cuyahoga County in order to perform the duties of a Support Administrator. Therefore, access to reliable transportation is a necessity. Planning meetings will be held in individual/family homes, throughout the community and during the evenings and weekends.
BENEFITS INCLUDE: Our outstanding benefits package includes, flexible work schedules, retirement through the Ohio PERS, low-cost major medical insurance, and free dental, vision & life insurance; over 14 paid holidays annually; paid leave time (vacation, personal, and sick days); in-house training; professional leave and reimbursement; and an outstanding work environment as part of a large multidisciplinary group of professionals.
STARTING SALARY : BA Degree: $48,326. MA degree: $49,293.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education, Social Work, Psychology or related area.
- Experience providing service coordination and/or experience working in a DD program are highly recommended.
- The ability to obtain and maintain SSA certification with certification occurring within state statute time lines.
- Valid state of Ohio driver's license and continued maintenance of excellent driving record.
- To be considered for the bilingual position, the candidate must be fluent in both English and Spanish (verbal and written).
You must apply online through our agency website. To do that using the BLUE link below: