|Date Posted||March 15, 2019|
At Delco, we bring more than 40 years of experience in project management, engineering services and product development in the design and manufacturing of precision components and assemblies. Delco is proud to support the aerospace, energy, military and armor, heavy truck and automotive, oil and gas, plastics, biopharmaceutical, and medical markets.
Delco is looking for a Tool Room Machinist for day shift. The ideal candidate for this position will be a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines by managing workload both independently and by working with others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Produce high quality products to print as required in a timely manner
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to drawings & specifications
- Must be able to work with engineers, production personnel, and programmers
- Maintain a high degree of quality and safety
- Use of judgement to plan, perform and make decisions within recognized procedures
- Ensure the tool room and machines are clean and maintained and in good working order
- Ensure tool room machines safety equipment is working properly at all times
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Ability to set up and operate all basic manual tool room equipment such as lathes, Bridgeport mills, drill press, surface grinders, etc…
- Ability to read and interpret basic to complex machining prints (English and metric).
- Ability to study blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerance of finished workpiece
- Ability to measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining
- Work knowledge of geometric dimensioning & tolerances (GDT)
- Must have own tools
- TIG/MIG basic welding training & experience
- Minimum five years’ experience required
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to lift and move up to forty pounds
- Possess basic computer skills
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, and reach
- High level of energy, motivation, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment, and professionalism
- Sinker EDM experience preferred but not required
Competitive hourly wage; Benefit package and 401k Plan offered after successful completion of 60-day probationary period. EOE