|Date Posted||January 8, 2021|
The VP Recovery Performance and Operational Insights role is responsible for leading multiple work streams to deliver diverse set of initiatives to provide key drivers and analysis on SYF recovery portfolio and operational insights influencing the performance. The leader will be an expert in the function and combine deep knowledge of financial services, recovery domain expertise and advanced analytics to optimize decision making, recommends business/functional strategy, and engagement with SYF customers. The role will utilize analytical, strategic and influencing skills to create analytical framework using predictive modeling techniques including data lake and big data.
The VP is a thought leader in the team, asking questions and proposing ideas to test new concepts. The VP initiates and leads these projects, working closely with stakeholders throughout the process independently with guidance only in highly complex areas, from initial discussions to execution and performance measurement within established rigor.
- Develop visionary and holistic analytics to match SYF’s brand and values by leveraging recovery performance drivers and operational insights
- Deliver portfolio performance drivers including recovery income forecast, impact of the of placements and debt sale streams on the forecast and operational insights.
- Partner with Recovery Operations, Capacity Planning and Credit on the portfolio performance, income impact and operational efficiencies
- Provide leadership including C-level executives centralized view on the recovery income with congruence of underlying macro, portfolio dynamics, operational performance and its impact on recovery performance in a clear and succinct manner
- Lead ideation and adoption of best in class methodologies, processes, tools and infrastructure to enhance understanding underlying performance drivers
- Complete regular benchmarking and actively participate in industry groups. Stay abreast of macro environment and industry trends to identify opportunities and risks.
- Use structured problem solving while coming to logical conclusions to troubleshoot, identify root cause, develop action plans and impact
- Leverage data analytics to develop, design and back test performance drivers to leverage trends in the forecast.
- Incorporate non-traditional data sources/channels to develop portfolio performance monitoring
- Provide thought leadership in the areas of strategy and data analytics to the team through utilization of data lake, machine learning, data mining and recovery domain expertise
- Strong background in successful communication with Senior Leadership teams in a clear, concise manner
- Collaborate with Credit, Operations, Capacity Planning, IT, Finance & ECE to drive recovery model enhancements and strategies
- Lead Recovery Income and TDR forecasting teams
- Accountable for team management, performance objectives, budget and results achieved by the team
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or in lieu of degree, a minimum of 7+ years related work experience
- 5+ years consumer credit experience (private label, general purpose credit card, dual card, personal loan, installment loan) experience
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressive experience at the leadership level in the areas of Financial Services, Credit, Finance or Analytics ability to demonstrate strong leadership across organizational levels & functions, execution of key business priorities, and process improvement contributions with a strong focus in innovation leadership
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act
- Ability to travel as needed (Up to 30%) to work across SYF functions and engage with employee teams/leaders, including potential international travel
- Proven analytics and financial modeling skills including proficiency in analyzing recovery/collection performance effectiveness
- Significant experience in financial modeling, analytics and forecasting
- Process design and heavy change management experience, demonstrating ability to lead from concept thru to practical execution and ongoing run with independence
- Success in achieving stretch goals
- Excellent relationship building skills across front-line teams, peers, functions, and key business stakeholders including Senior Leadership
- Strong project planning, tracking, reporting and execution skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated change management experience with high impact success
- LEAN, Process Improvement, Technology and Innovation and Leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate needs/opportunities, with a strong work ethic
- Competent computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows as well as analytical, project planning and execution tools
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 100,000.00 - 200,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group: