|Date Posted||July 14, 2021|
MANAGER, WELLNESS & CARING HANDS (LPN) / FULL-TIME / EXEMPT
Standard Office Hours:
Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday - 9:00am to 5:30pm
Wednesday - 8:00am - 4:30pm
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supervise and coordinate the health care of all independent residents in conjunction with primary and wellness physicians, as well as providing wellness. Maintain confidential medical records for staff and residents. The Wellness Manager will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Mission Statement and Core Value.
Graduate of Licensed Practical School of Nursing or Registered Nurse diploma/degree
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION AND REGISTRATION:
- LPN graduate with current Ohio licensure
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Work Orientation and Experience:
- 2 years of long term care or home health care experience
- Physician’s office experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent communication and assessment skills.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible.
- Ability to interact with residents, families, physicians.
- Demonstrated patience with the senior population
PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Supervision and performance of wellness activities, staff and documentation.
- Complete wellness assessments, new admission assessments and transition assessments.
- Present information to Resident Review Team for recommendations and admission committee, as needed.
- Provide and promote wellness programs to residents and staff.
- Attend meetings of Resident Review weekly, daily stand-up, monthly wellness staff meetings, admissions and leadership meeting.
- Establish new resident information including colpaks, Living Wills, Durable Power of Attorney, DNR.
- Assess condition and facilitate transfer of residents requiring admission to nursing.
- Respond to emergencies for residents in Independent Living.
- Communicate with residents/family members regarding health care and level of care for independent residents.
- Prepare/present committee reports for meetings: Resident Review, Medical Director.
- Facilitate referrals for home health care as needed in apartments/villas.
- Supervise and provide medical support to Caring Hands.
- Work with Director of Clinical Services on established goals.
- Work with Director of Clinical Services to maintain budgetary requirements.
- Accept, process and follow through on all staff injuries at Laurel Lake.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES – Other:
- Performs other related duties as needed.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS: